We thought as many of you were at home during lock-down, that it was time for a Quick Quiz … Can you answer these Geography General Knowledge Questions everyone should know (answers will be posted on our Facebook Page on Friday Morning - If you not already following: https://www.facebook.com/readyprosupply/ )
We've collated 30 questions, which put your knowledge of the world under the microscope. From rivers to volcanoes, flags and everything in between - this quiz is sure to get those brain cells moving.
- Which river flows through Paris?
- In which country is the UK’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis?
- Mount Vesuvius overlooks which modern Italian city?
- What is the highest active volcano in Europe?
- Which European capital city is divided by canals into about 90 islands joined by about 400 bridges?
- What’s the world’s biggest port?
- Which South American country has land borders with ten other countries?
- Which city is also known as ‘The Eternal City’?
- The Great Barrier Reef is off the coast of which Australian state?
- Which island would you Visit to kiss the Blarney Stone?
- In which country would you be if you were Visiting the Taj Mahal?
- In which Scandinavian country would you find fjords?
- Which country’s name could be part of a Christmas dinner?
- Which stretch of water separates Anglesey and Wales?
- In which continent is the world’s longest river, the Nile?
- What colour is the spot in the middle of the Japanese flag?
- Is Australia in the northern or the southern hemisphere?
- What does each star on the flag of the United States stand for?
- Which bridge, one of the oldest roadway bridges in the United States, was completed in 1883 and spans the East River?
- On an O.S Map with a scale of 1:25000, how many inches represent one mile?
- Which 'D' is an northern England town on the banks of the River Skerne?
- In which English county might you find the towns Darwen and Nelson?
- Which is taller: The Eiffel Tower or Blackpool Tower?
- Baku is the capital city of which eastern European country?
- The Danube flows into what body of water?
- Which river rises in the Himalayas in India and drains into the Bay of Bengal?
- Which lake holds by far the largest volume of water in the UK?
- The M1 motorway is how many miles long?
- How many National Parks are there in Wales?
- In which country is the worlds highest waterfall?
Remember answers will be posted on our Facebook Page on Friday Morning - If you not already following: https://www.facebook.com/readyprosupply/
Keep an eye on our Weekly Blog and if wish to become an RPS Affiliate, check out our program at www.affiliates.readyprosupply.com
@readyprosupply #empoweryourtravel 👍👍👍